?WHAT IS THIS?

Definition
Pronunciation:OU-RA-FI-KII
1) the kiswahilii word for friendship
2) A girl named MU5UMB4 trekking the urban jungle of NYC to bring you the latest in all things unique, modern, interesting, african and fun

Thursday, September 2, 2010

THROWBACK THURSDAY plus some specials!

Habari Everbody! (Habari is Hello in Swahili, Kenya's Official Language)
I hope everyone enjoyed there weekend and maybe someone out there did something that was on the list, from "where ya goin fridays" post. Well this past weekend was very hectic for me but so much fun! I don't know if anyone heard but KENYA GOT A NEW CONSTITUTION! its been 47 LONG YEARS since the constitution has been updated, I know, crazy.  So this past weekend, there was a NICE celebration for new constitution at the AMBASSADOR'S residence

Here are some picutres from the party!





Moving On, today is THROWBACK THURSDAY and I wanted to feature a video that represents what I'm trying to create with this blog, something that's "modern yet african" and the video for "Love Lockdown" By Kanye West was perfect. In the video, he features african "warriors" moving about while he's on the side, in his very basic outfit sitting on the sidelines, just chilling. I find that contrast so interesting. I also found this video funny because of African dancers just being there but then I started to appreciate that he added the dancers to demonstrate the emotion in the song. WITH THAT BEING SAID, check out the video below:

1 comment: